How Do I Connect a Huawei E303 USB Modem to the Cellular Network?
The Huawei E303 USB modem is an extraordinary cellular modem for development and testing work. It supports multiple operating modes, including a USB networking/router device emulation mode and a traditional PPP modem emulation mode.
Before You Begin
Before you begin, you will need to:
- Own a cellular device or modem (available in our store if you do not already have one)
- Order a Konekt Global SIM Card from our online store (if you do not already have one)
- Activate your Konekt Global SIM Card on our Device Dashboard (if you have not already done so)
- With your USB modem powered off and disconnected, insert the Konekt Global SIM Card into your device and reconnect your USB modem
Once the above steps are complete, please consult your device’s documentation on how to set configure the APN the device will be using.
The correct APN setting values are as follows:
APN username: (none)
APN password: (none)
IP Address: Dynamic (using DHCP)
Data Roaming: Enabled
Huawei USB Modem Tutorials
We have several tutorials for using the Huawei E303 modem:
- For Raspberry Pi users: Connect Your Raspberry Pi To Cellular Via Konekt’s Network
- For BeagleBone users: Connect Your BeagleBone To Cellular Via Konekt’s Network
- (Advanced and not recommended for most users: Using AT Commands with the Huawei E303)
If you have further questions, feel free to ask in the Konekt Support Community forum.